In our last Lunch and Learn, we welcomed Ron O’Brien of Cetera Advisor Networks LLC to present an overview of our newest tool, AdviceWorks, followed by a review of some of our other digital platforms by Lauren Erickson, CFP® CSRIC™. Below is a brief synopsis of the tools at work and what they can do for you.
Let’s be honest, having an endless amount of information at our fingertips might sound amazing but as more digital platforms get added to our lives it can get a bit overwhelming. However, as we move deeper into the 21st Century, we still strive to make the complex simple for our clients, and utilizing digital tools can make all the difference.
Depending on your needs, you may use one or none of the digital platforms we offer for sharing documents, checking account values, or communicating with the team at Erickson Advisors. Our goal is to help you find the available information you want and need in the simplest way possible.
Not connected? If you are an existing client and would like to change or update your digital access just give us a call and we can help you get connected.
DIGITAL TOOLS & CLIENT LOG IN
AdviceWorks is a new Cetera platform for accessing your Advisory Accounts (Pershing)
- Enrollment: You need 2 things
- A valid email address
- A text capable cell phone # (due to 2-factor authentication)
- You will receive an email from Erickson inviting you to enroll. Simply follow the steps, using your email as your User ID and create a password. Keep your cell phone handy to receive the 2-factor authorization code.
- Link Accounts
- You have the option to link accounts held with outside institutions (banking accounts, insurance, credit cards, etc). If/when links break you will receive an email notification so that you can go in and restore the link if you would like to.
- Depending on how robustly you decide to use this platform, linking accounts is entirely up to you.
- Shared repository with your Advisor
- Private repository – only you can see.
- Investment Account Access (Advisory/Pershing accounts only)
- Trade notifications
- Tax documents (up to 10 years)
- Advisory Quarterly Statements.
- Talk about simple! When and if you need to sign account paperwork, depending on the type of account, we can now do it virtually through AdviceWorks if you have set up your account.
- On receiving an email notification that you have been sent paperwork from Erickson, simply follow the prompts to review the document, disclosures, and follow the e-sign instructions.
- E-sign allows you to choose a signature with a generated font or you can draw your signature using your mouse.
- Submit and that is it!
- AdviceWorks Mobile – There’s an App! Give us a call and we can walk you through adding it to your home screen on your tablet or mobile phone.
Locked Out? Unfortunately, the staff at Erickson cannot unlock your account. You must call Cetera Customer Service #888-443-6380. They have the A-Team ready to get you back on track.